About Osteoporosis Canada
Osteoporosis Canada, a registered charity, is the only national organization serving people who have, or are at risk for, osteoporosis. The organization works to educate, empower and support individuals and communities in the risk-reduction and treatment of osteoporosis.
Services to Individuals with Osteoporosis and the Public
Osteoporosis Canada provides medically accurate information to patients, health care professionals and the public. Services to individuals with osteoporosis and the public include free publications, a bilingual toll-free information line, educational programs and referrals to self-help groups and community resources, as well as this web site.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Osteoporosis Canada is committed to excellence in servicing all customers including people with disabilities.
- Osteoporosis Canada’s Accessible Customer Service Plan
- Osteoporosis Canada’s Accessibility Policy
- Osteoporosis Canada’s Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Osteoporosis Canada’s 2015-2016 Annual Report
Osteoporosis Canada’s latest Annual Report “#BetterBoneHealth” is now available. This report highlights the organization’s significant achievements over the past year towards the vision of a Canada without osteoporotic fractures.
Services for Health Care Professionals
The organization works with health care professionals across the country to ensure the latest prevention, diagnostic and treatment options are available to individuals with osteoporosis. Osteoporosis Canada has developed practice guidelines and standards for use by physicians in their clinical practice. Access archives of Osteoporosis Update, OC’s clinical publication (currently suspended).
The organization is governed by a national voluntary Board of Directors. A 58-member Scientific Advisory Council, made up of medical and scientific experts from across the country, provides guidance in all medical matters.
Find out more about us
- Executive Staff Biographies
- Board of Directors
- Scientific Advisory Council (SAC)
- Operations Advisory Council (OAC)
- Canadian Osteoporosis Patient Network (COPN)
- Ontario Osteoporosis Strategy
Osteoporosis Canada has a national office and has Chapters located across the country. A network of support groups reaches into communities throughout Canada.
- To locate the Support Group closest to you, please call your nearest
Chapter or 1-800-463-6842.
A Canada without osteoporotic fractures
Osteoporosis Canada supports Canadians living with Osteoporosis by:
- Educates Canadians about Osteoporosis
- Advocates for optimal Osteoporosis care
- Invests strategically in Osteoporosis research
- Accurate, evidence-based information and care
- Collaboration in a united effort
- Inclusivity, integrity
- Ethical decision-making and actions