If it’s not you, it’s someone you know because over the age of 50, 1 in 4 women and 1 in 8 men are affected by osteoporosis. Osteoporosis Canada is the only organization in Canada dedicated to promoting good bone health: diagnosis and treatments, nutrition, exercise and most importantly, living well with osteoporosis.
Whether you’re a beginner or a Life Master, Bridge Across Canada (BAC) will provide personalized coaching to improve your game, fundraising coaching to ensure that you reach your goal, information on bone health that will enhance your quality of life and a meaningful way to help close the Canadian Care Gap.
1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men will suffer an osteoporotic break in his/her lifetime. Research and advancements have provided significant advancements in developing and maintaining good bone health. Help us to spread the word.
Your efforts can profoundly alter the future of someone who may be unaware they have this silent disease and thereby significantly enhance their quality of life. So think and act today.
Bridge Across Canada is an exciting and innovative event that invites bridge players to pursue their passion while raising funds for Osteoporosis Canada.
Endorsed by the Canadian Bridge Federation, Bridge Across Canada (BAC) participants meet weekly to enjoy a weekly bridge game, garner fundraising tips from experts and gain further insight into Osteoporosis Canada’s campaign to Bridge the Care Gap in Canada.
Incentive Levels: Participants raise critically needed funds to promote education and awareness to the 2 million Canadians living with osteoporosis, many of whom do not know they have this ‘Silent Thief’ until their first fracture.
Raise funds and win the following incentives*:
- Free plays at Hazel’s Bridge Club
- Movie Passes for Cineplex Odeon
- Gift Certificates for Shoom Shoom, Brownes Bistro and / or The Octagon
- Theatre Tickets to Mirvish Productions
- Caribbean Bridge Cruise hosted by Audrey Grant
*Donations of $10 are tax receiptable.
Call Robin at 416.696.2663 ext. 260 or email BAC@osteoporosis.ca or
All Bridge Across Canada participants will receive:
- Weekly lessons (8 weeks in total) by a certified bridge teacher
- A fundraising handbook with tips on creative fundraisers
- A personalized web page that can be shared with family and friends
- Fundraising support by fundraising staff at Osteoporosis Canada
- Information on diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis
WIN a 7-night Caribbean Bridge Cruise
(Celebrate New Year’s Eve onboard the Nieuw Amsterdam!)
December 30, 2012
Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Roundtrip airfare from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale
- Ground transfers (from airport to ship – ship to airport)
- One night stay in a Fort Lauderdale Hotel (double occupancy)
- One Berth in a balcony stateroom (double occupancy)
- Enjoy a 2-hour lesson conducted by the renowned Audrey Grant everyday
- Duplicate games (ACBL-sanctioned)
- Master points are awarded to winners
- Welcome reception for all Bridge Across Canada participants
- Bridge Across Canada Chaperone to ensure you have a perfect experience