For information about a support group near you, or to create a group in your community, please contact:
Chair: Kim Thompson
75 MacNab Street South
Hamilton, ON L8P 3C1
Phone: (905) 525-5398
Fax: (905) 577-0396
Support group meetings
In January 2011, the Hamilton Chapter of Osteoporosis Canada launched its support group for people who either have osteoporosis or are at risk of developing it. This support group will meet every 3rd Wednesday of every month starting January 19th, 2011.
- Date: 3rd Wednesday of every month starting January 19th, 2011
- Time: 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Location: YWCA Hamilton, Senior Active Living Centre 75 MacNab Street South, Hamilton.
- Details: Our first speaker will be Lesley Hughes P.T. who will be speaking about exercising safely with osteoporosis. This is a free event please. To register call (905) 525-5398.
Available positions / Volunteer postings
- Volunteer Development Chair Our young at heart and vibrant Hamilton-Burlington Chapter is accepting candidates of all ages and background experiences for the executive position of “Volunteer Development Chair”. This position offers opportunities to expand the chapter’s volunteer base, to provide support to new volunteers, to recognize volunteer contributions and to evaluate volunteer placements and the development program. Please contact our office for more information and to apply.