There are many Canadians who are living well with osteoporosis. Are you one of them?
- Tell us your personal story of living with osteoporosis!
Read personal stories of others who are.
Here are some topics that you may wish to consider. Please note that stories you submit may be published on the COPN web site or in the e-newsletter COPING.
- How you have managed to increase your bone mineral density.
- How you are working (or not) with weight-bearing exercises.
- How you are managing to get enough calcium, especially if you are intolerant to dairy products.
- How you deal with the pain of osteoporotic fractures.
- What are your family’s experiences with osteoporosis; how are you managing? How has your family been affected by osteoporosis?
- How are you helping your children to be aware of osteoporosis in your family?
- Any difficulty in getting an appropriate diagnosis.
- Your surprise at the diagnosis of osteoporosis/osteopenia: what was your immediate reaction?
- Did you have problems getting an effective osteoporosis drug? What happened?
- Being a caregiver to someone with osteoporosis.
- Any other aspect of being a person with osteoporosis